Last Updated: March 6, 2020
What Personal Information do we collect from the people that use the Services?
We may collect information you provide directly via the Services. We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with our Services, submit comments and other content, subscribe to our newsletter, order products, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Your name
- Your telephone number
- Your address
- Your email address
If you purchase our Services, you may be required to provide financial information, such as your credit card or bank account number, to a third-party payment processor. We do not collect or store such financial information and we are not responsible for the collection or storage of such information by third parties. We will, however, have access to certain information associated with your account should you purchase the Services, including the amount and date of the purchase.
What information do we automatically collect?
We may also collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
- Your browser type and operating system
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area
- Geolocation information
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Services
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded
- Standard Server Log Information
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- To quickly process your transactions
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- To measure usage of the Services
- To analyze the effectiveness of our Services
- To conduct research, to improve and enhance functionality of the Services
- To provide support for the Services and respond to requests and inquiries
- To provide you with notices, such as updates or changes that we may make to the Services
Do we use “cookies,” “pixel tags,” and “web beacons”?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the Site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits
- Keep track of advertisements
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf
Pixel tags are very small images or small pieces of data embedded in images, also known as “web beacons” or “clear GIFs,” that can recognize cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, a description of the page where the pixel tag is placed, and similar information from your computer or device.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Social Networking Services
The Services may allow you to post information to various third-party services or platforms, such as social networking services like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. You acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, your friends, followers and subscribers on these third-party services or platforms will be able to view such activity. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services. The use of the information by such social networking websites will be governed by their privacy policies, and we do not control their use of the shared data.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our Site. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these third-party sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to the Site.
Choices About How We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding our collection, use and disclosure of the information you provide to us. The mechanisms listed below aim to provide you with control over such collection, use and disclosure:
- Marketing Communications. If you do not want us to send you marketing or promotional communications, you can opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any such promotional emails or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookies. You have the option to accept or disable cookies at any time through your browser. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. If you choose to disable your cookies, your user experience may be limited.
- Google Analytics. You can opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by using Google’s Ads Settings or going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. You may also opt out of Google marketing products, but please note that this does not opt you out of being served generic ads.
- Mobile Analytics. If you are using our App, we use Mobile Device IDs, instead of cookies, to recognize you. We use the Mobile Device IDs and other mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. These Mobile Device IDs are only tracking and collecting Non-Personal Information. The software may record information such as how often you use the Services, the events that occur within the App, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the App was downloaded from.
- Third-Party Advertising. If you are interested in more information about tailored advertising and your choices to prevent third parties from delivering tailored web advertisements, you may visit the following websites: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. These opt-out tools are provided by third parties. We do not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
Notice to California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a calendar year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure that the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
To request any other changes or information about our collection, use or disclosure of your information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our Site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
Yes. We may use information we collect about you to offer you targeted advertising in order to personalize your experience by showing you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you (a practice known as behavioral advertising).
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Our Services are intended for users who are 13 years of age and older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any Personal Information to us. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within seven (7) business days.
- We will notify the users via in-Site notification within seven (7) business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email to unsubscribe and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
How do we protect your information?
Our Site is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your Personal Information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
You acknowledge that Caliber Fitness may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation the maximum period of time that data or other content will be retained by the Services and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on Caliber Fitness’ servers on your behalf. You further acknowledge that Caliber Fitness reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion. We will endeavor to give you notice of any such change where required by applicable law.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you wish to access, update, correct or delete any Personal Information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services, you may log into your account and make updates. If you wish to make changes not available through your account settings, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the Services are directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. Some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own.
Caliber Fitness, Inc.
360 W 31st Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10001